A manic Monday indeed

18 Aug

So, yesterday, my lazy self awoke at the early hour of noon. My head was pounding and I felt weak. There was no reason for me to feel like I had a massive hangover because I didn’t drink the night before. But I could not get out of bed. So, I went back to sleep. A few hours later, I had to go to the bathroom, and that wore me out. I was out of breath by the time I got back into my bed. I fell back into a delirious half-sleep and apparently texted some people. I don’t remember texting them. I went through intervals of chills. I literally felt like I was dying.

When my mom came home from work around 6, she took my temperature and told me I was running a fever of about 101. I still couldn’t move, couldn’t even lift my head up, so my parents decided I needed to go to the ER. My mom helped me get dressed (I’m 20 years old, but, like I said, I was too weak to move). Somehow I got downstairs and into my mom’s car, and she drove me to the ER. I got into a room fairly quickly, but waiting for the doctor took F-O-R-E-V-E-R because this little girl stuck an insulin needle or something into herself and it broke and the police had to be called from the ER because it classified as assault or something? I only caught bits of the conversation.

Anyway, when I was finally seen by the doctor, they started running all these tests on me. Took blood, stuck an IV in me to hydrate me because I hadn’t had anything to eat or drink all day and it was abut 8:30 or 9 at this point. Urine preggers test. Chest x-ray. Cat scan for my head. Ugggh and a strep test. I HATE STREP TESTS. This one was the worst I have ever had, because I was lying down and was having trouble saying “ahh” like you’re supposed to. So, I was gagging and my first instinct was to just grab the poor nurse’s wrists and try to yank the swabs out of my mouth. Finally, she got it and I started bawling because I felt so sick and so bad that I tried to keep that nurse from doing her job. Then I watched some Cake Boss while waiting for my test results, and *drumroll*: bladder/kidney infection!

I really never would have guessed. They also treated me for dehydration and I’m guessing what was a migraine because it was the absolute worst headache ever and I was sensitive to light. So now I’m on antibiotics and I have a bruise on my arm that makes me look like an intravenous drug addict. On the bright side, however, I’m rehydrated (and staying that way, I hope) and pretty much headache free!

Also, my sister’s birthday present to me arrived today: a snazzy red pair of TOMS. They make me look like I have elf feet, but they’re pretty damn comfortable.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: