Keep on the sunny side

12 Nov

I won’t lie. It hasn’t been the greatest of weeks. Sunday was the worst. I won’t go into detail, but two things that definitely did not help were:

  • going out to my car to grab quarters to do my laundry and finding my left rear tire completely flat. I just got new tires in August. Ahhhh-nnoying. I’m calling AAA tomorrow because I’ve honestly had more pressing matters to take care of this week. I haven’t had to drive anywhere either, so I haven’t taken a very close look at it to see if the plug was pulled (meaning someone let the air out) or if something punctured it.
  • people getting upset with me for things beyond my control. Like I said, I won’t go into detail, but I absolutely hate when people are upset with me and I tend to take it personally.

I was determined to make Monday better. This started with a (sort of) new outfit. I say “sort of” because only the top ($5 at Old Navy!) and shoes (I don’t remember how much at ON) were new. It made me feel good about myself, and that’s all that matters. I had my last graphics class, which made me kind of sad because it was my 2nd favorite class this quarter and several of my friends were in it. We technically have class next Monday because we have to turn in and present our final projects, but I don’t really count that. Then we watched a bo-ring DVD in 20th Century Britain. I am completely over that class, which sucks, because I have two papers to write for the final. Ugh.

Anyway. Later that night I had to meet my sociology group at the library for our project due the next day that we hadn’t started. I wanted to meet much earlier, but excuses kept popping up and the meeting was pushed back to the last possible moment. There were three other people in my group, and none of them seemed to care too much about what grade we got (unlike me), so we threw something together in a few hours and ended up getting a B+ on the project. It’s not a terrible grade, but I know we could have done better, and I hope my paper and quizzes in the class bump me up to an A.

After presenting Tuesday morning, I headed back home to eat lunch and read for a few hours before 20th Century Britain. Around two, my head started pounding and my throat was starting to get sore. I popped two Advil before I went to class, but it didn’t help at all. I ended up not being able to focus because my head was just going BOOM BOOM BOOM the entire 50 minutes. I tried to sleep when I got home, but I’m not even sure if I fell asleep. Don’t you hate that?

Later that evening I had to tell someone I could no longer be friends with them. A male someone. Long story short, I was basically told I could not be a part of his life whatsoever, but it was up to me if I wanted to be friends with him.


When you’re friends with someone, aren’t you a part of his or her life?

It goes a lot deeper than that, and we’d been having issues for quite some time – possibly stemming from the fact that we dated twice, but, whatever. The point is, it was really difficult for me, but it was also kind of a relief. Luckily, I had the support of the people who really matter, including but not limited to my mom, my little sis M and a high school friend.

Wednesday I slept in because we didn’t have class due to Veterans’ Day. I woke up feeling awful. The fact that I had cried like a baby (*blush*) the night before prooooobably didn’t help, but my nose was stuffy, my throat felt utterly raw, my head was pounding again, and my voice was barely there. Alas, I still had work to do, so I dressed in comfy clothes and started to read the remainder of a book I had to review. Around 2 p.m., I received a call from one of my sorority sisters telling me to come up to the kitchen; I had something waiting for me. I trudged upstairs and was delighted to find these beauties on the counter.


(yeah, yeah, say what you will about the lighting) Attached was this card:


Sweetest mom ever? I think so. Also, look what they came in that I am sososo excited to keep.


It seriously made my day 10 million times better.

When I woke up today, I felt relatively normal again. My throat was a little scratchy, but that went away. Today has probably been the best day all week, save for the annoying girls at the library who Would. Not. Shut. Up about a cruise they’re going on during spring break that, frankly, doesn’t sound that great. It was very difficult for me to focus on post-war Britain when they were, like, five feet away talking about how drunk they’re going to get at Señor Frog’s. Cool. Finally, I was forced to move so I could finish my reading in peace.

Coming back to this made me forget all about it, though.


Yes, that is a Tweety Bird onesie. No, itis not mine. My roommate purchased it while I was at the library and plans to actually wear it. Apparently several other girls in my chapter bought them and claim they’re really comfortable, but I think I’ll pass. More power to her, though.

A week from tomorrow I turn in my last final, and I will be on my way home for six-ish glorious weeks of good food and my own bed. I couldn’t be more excited. This quarter hasn’t been awful by any means (save for parts of this past week), but I do need a break.

Time for me to catch up on last night’s Top Chef. I can’t believe I am just now getting into this show!

(Keep on the sunny side)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: